New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/simple-tips-for-becoming-a-morning-person/
Simple Tips for Becoming a Morning Person
Do you ever catch yourself pressing the snooze button over and over again in the mornings? Or maybe you have to drink 3 cups of coffee before you even think about leaving the house! If you fall into either category, you could probably use a few tips on how you can make mornings a little less miserable!
- Take a cold shower. If you’ve tried this before, you know how well it works! After being warm and cozy in bed, nothing can wake you up better than a cold shower.
- Go for a jog. Exercising as soon as you get up is not only good for your body, but good for giving you a little extra energy for the day! Plus, knowing that you’ve completed a good work out can help motivate you for other tasks throughout the day!
- Go outside. Sitting inside a dark room under your covers isn’t going to help you wake up. Try being in the sun or going into a room that won’t tempt you to doze off.
- Have a good attitude. Now I’m not saying you’re going to suddenly wake up one day and be super happy about it… But starting your day off with a positive mindset is a baby step. I know how boring school can be, but think to yourself that it’s going to be a great day and it might just be!
If you’re already a morning person, share your secrets below!
Love ya! – Chelsea
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/tomato-acne-treatment/
Tomato Acne Treatment
Tomatoes? As acne treatment? Isn’t that one of the strangest things you have ever heard? Apparently it is super effective! I’m all about going the natural route when it comes to beauty treatments, so we will just have to tackle this one together!
When you apply raw tomato juice to your acne, it shrinks the acne. It is also an excellent astringent, which means that it
actively prevents blackheads and acne as well. A great tomato mask is honey mashed and mixed with tomato. Spread it on your face for about 15 minutes and then wash it off. Tomatoes also contain an antioxidant that act as sunscreen, AND antioxidants that act as anti-aging agents! Who knew tomatoes weren’t just for the kitchen?! If you are growing tomatoes in your garden, then you have your very own miracle skin product right at your fingertips!
Have you ever used tomatoes in your beauty regimen? If so, tell me how so I can try them out!
18th Augustfruitsjuicerjuicesjuicingnutrientsthe truth about juicingvegetablesFoodLifestyle
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/the-truth-about-juicing/
The Truth about Juicing
Do you own a juicer? The ultimate fad of juicing has rapidly expanded all across our nation with juice bars popping up everywhere and a juicer in almost every household. Many claim that it’s the easiest way to lose weight or gain nutrients; but unfortunately, this is false! It’s time to get our facts straight about the juicing phenomenon.
- When you juice, you actually lose out on most of the nutrients and benefits that whole fruits and vegetables have to offer. For example, when you juice an apple you lose most of that fiber inside of the apple. You only get the juice.
- Juices are less filling than whole fruits and vegetables. You’ll actually end up consuming more when you juice or be left feeling hungry.
- Juice cleanses can be dangerous for some people! During one of these cleanses, the body lacks fats and proteins to fuel your body. Many people may lack energy and find themselves uneasy.
- Doing a juice cleanse will make you lose weight initially, but it will not keep it off in the long run. As soon as you start eating solid foods again, your body will store extra fat to make up for what it lost.
The moral to this story: eat your fruits and vegetables whole, don’t drink them!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/fashion/cute-keds/
Have you seen my new video “Back to School: Outfits for Guys and Girls 2014!”? If so, you saw that in one of my outfits, I was rockin a pair of white Keds shoes! I love these shoes because they are so versatile, practical, and comfortable! You can wear them with so many different styles of clothing. Here are three outfits to show you how you can rock white Keds!
Sundress outfit: Taylor Swift loves this combo. Wearing white sneakers with a sundress is a sweet, innocent ensemble. It also gives off a retro sort of vibe, which is what Taylor is all about! If it is cool outside, shrug on a cardigan. So retro, so cute!
Shorts: This is also a cute ensemble! Like I said earlier, these white shoes are so versatile and go with literally everything. Pair them with high waisted shorts and a crop top, jean shorts and a cute shirt, or even khaki shorts with a striped shirt for a nautical, beach-y look!
Pants: Slip on your Keds with some dark wash skinnies and a striped shirt for a classy, nautical look like above. You can also pair them with distressed jeans and an oversized sweater for a cute comfy look.
I wear my white sneakers with EVERYTHING! Hop over to Shoe Carnival today and grab you a pair!
XOXO, Chels+1 notecute shoesFashionfashion trendskedsoutfitsshoessneakers
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vitamins-and-beauty/
Everything You Need to Know About Vitamins and Beauty!
There’s no magical pill you can take to make yourself look or feel younger…the secret is in vitamins! Vitamins have been proven to make our skin and body look and feel better and can be found in many foods and in pill form. Knowing which vitamin does what is very important and can help you better your body. Check out the 5 best vitamins a woman needs to stay beautiful!
- Vitamin E: This vitamin helps reduce dryness and provide the skin with moisture. It can also protect skin from harm done by the sun and boost UV defense. This is especially important for people who are outdoors often.
- Vitamin D: Also known as the “sunshine vitamin”, vitamin D will improve your skin’s overall appearance and give it a nice healthy glow. (salmon, egg yolk, cheese)
- Vitamin C: If you’re looking for a de-stressor, then we’ve found the vitamin for you! When taken in large doses, it’s proven to boost your overall mood which relates back to your body’s overall look and feeling. (oranges, strawberries, broccoli)
- Biotin: By promoting healthy growth, biotin is the miracle vitamin for hair and nails!
- Vitamin A: This is the best age fighter! It helps clear up dark spots and wrinkles, and helps smooth out roughness.
Whether you take a complete multi-vitamin, only a few of the vitamins above, or snack on vitamin rich foods, remember you’ll be bettering your body and overall beauty!
Let’s get even more beautiful Insiders!
Chelsea+1 noteBeautybiotinbodyhealthLifestyleskinvitamin avitamin cvitamin dvitamin evitamins
17th Augustacts of servicedancedance it outdeal with stressdo something for othersgo to bed earlierhow to handle stressselflesssleepsleep morestressstress lesstake a walkTeen Talk
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/teentalk/how-to-stress-less/
How to stress less
Stress is no good. It isn’t good for your body, it isn’t good for your emotions, and it sure isn’t pleasant for the people around you either! When you are stressed, your quality of life is not high and you just aren’t a happy camper! Here is how to stress less so that you can be a happier, healthier you!
- Dance it out. Feeling stressed? Blare your music and just dance.
- Talk about it. Grab a girl friend, take her to Starbucks, grab a latte, and just talk to her. Spill your guts to her. It will make you feel so much better!
- Take a walk. Exercising gets your endorphins pumping, which make you happier! Being happy helps lower stress. Also, I have found that exercising gives me great time to think.
- Go to bed earlier! If you are sleepy, you are unhappy, which can just lead to more stress!
- Hug it out. Seriously. Grab your mom, and give her a good ole bear hug.
- Do something good for others. When I am serving others, it makes me so happy! I love knowing I am helping someone else and making a difference in their life.
Do any of these things help you stress less? I have so much going on in my life right now, so it really helps to be able to handle my stress in a positive way. How do YOU stress less?
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/5-words-to-live-by/
5 Words to Live By
It may be cliché to say this, but life is full of many ups and downs. I lost count of the days that didn’t go as I had hoped or planned! In church, in school, and in everyday life, I’ve learned a few words that help me get through whatever I’m dealing with, without losing a positive attitude.
- Faith. I’ve learned in EVERY situation, that you have to have faith. Without putting my trust and hope in God, I can easily get discouraged. Sometimes so discouraged that I end up not even trying in the first place!
- Happiness. If you don’t strive towards happiness, how can you live a life you enjoy? I’ve learned that if something or someone isn’t making you happy, it’s best to get rid of whatever it is bringing you down.
- Forgiveness. Being a forgiving person not only helps you, but the person you’re forgiving, as well. Forgiving is a domino effect. Once you let go of something with your friend or someone in your family, it doesn’t go unnoticed. Compassion spreads, so why not pass it along yourself?
- Love. Love doesn’t only mean finding someone and falling head over heels for them. Love should be shown to anyone and everyone, whether you’re at school or at church. Next time you’re about to comment negatively about someone, show love and lift them up instead of tearing them down!
- Patience. Having patience is one of the greatest virtues in life. Things don’t always happen right when you want them to. Waiting patiently is something you’ll learn as you mature. The love of your life is out there, you just might not find them in high school!
Keep these words in mind and live a life filled with joy and happiness!
Love, Chels+3 notesadviceencouragementfaithforgivenesshappinessLifestylelovepatienceteenswords
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/fashion/back-to-school-fashion-2014/
Back to School Fashion 2014
My friends at 17 Magazine want you to be as stylish as you can be this school year. Lucky for you, I am going to fill you in on a few of their style tips for fall 2014. Here are some of the trends that you should be aware of. I threw in a few of my own favorites!
Cool prints: quirky graphic prints such as floral prints or tribal prints are totally in! Incorporate them into your pants or accessories!
High waisted jeans: That’s right, not only are high waisted shorts in style, but high waisted jeans are coming back!
Boho: I am so pumped that I can take my love for the boho trend and carry it over to fall. Ankle boots, lacey tops, army jackets, long fringey sweaters, braided headbands, and distressed skinny jeans create this trend.
Pastels: Pastels are not just for spring and summer anymore! Incorporate them into your sweaters and jackets, and pair them with darker jeans for a great contrast!
You are going to be the most stylish ladies at your school, I guarantee it!
XOXO, Chels+3 notesback to school 2014back to school fashionback to school trendsbohoFashionfashion trendshigh waisted jeanspastels
16th Augustbananascherriesfoodfoods that fight headachesheadacheshealthhealthyspinachwatermelonLifestyle
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/foods-that-fight-headaches/
Foods that Fight Headaches
Do you get nasty headaches? I know that when I have a headache, it always seems to put a damper on my day. What I DIDN’T know is that there are actually foods that you can eat that will help fight your headache. Ill show em to you so you can save your noggin some hurtin!
- Cherries: Cherries actually have antioxidants that help your body put a shield up to block pain!
- Spinach: Spinach is literally the world’s best superfood. Vitamin B2, which is found in spinach, has a relaxing effect on your brain, which will ease the pain your body is experiences. Want a headache free day? Have spinach for lunch.
- Bananas: Bananas contain vitamin B6, which is a kick in the butt to headaches! The vitamin also increases the levels of serotonin in your brain, which acts as an antidepressant, and also lowers the amount of pain your body is feeling.
- Watermelon: One of the biggest causes of headaches is dehydration. Next time you are hungry and also have a headache, grab a slice of watermelon before you pop a Tylenol. Watermelon is a food rich in water, so it will help to quickly rehydrate your body.
Headaches are no bueno, but knowing that I can eat to get rid of them is definitely a plus! J
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/amp-up-your-eyeliner/
Amp up your Eyeliner
Getting tired of your usual eyeliner routine? Do you style your liner the same way every day? Well, this back to school season, shake things up a bit! Try something new, you might just like it! Here are a few ways that you can amp up your eyeliner.
Glitter liner: Do you love love LOVE all things glittery? Well, if you want an extra dose of fabulous, try out glitter eyeliner. You can buy it at any makeup store! You can wear it when you go out or go to a dance, or even on just a regular day if you’re feeling sassy!
Cat eye: If you apply your liner the same way every day, then spice things up with cat-eye liner! This look can take a bit of practice, but I am confident in your eye liner applying abilities ;). Also, cat-eye liner can give you a bit of a retro look!
Ombre liner: Now this is a really daring look. If you are feeling brave, try this out! All you need is 3 eyeliner shades that
are in the same gradient color family, and then blend the colors together.
Want to shake things up? Start with your eyeliner!