New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/beauty-hacks-part-2/
Being a girl is hard, especially with all the boy problems, friend problems, and school problems going on in our lives. Apart from those, us girls also have to encounter many beauty problems that are such a hassle! Although there may not be easy fixes for other issues, there are many solutions to beauty problems that are simple, quick, and cheap!
- If your eyeliner ever crumbles or cracks while putting it on, try freezing your eyeliner. It may sound dumb but after leaving it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes before using, it’ll set perfectly on your eyelid.
- If you want highlights or simply lighter hair, try using lemon juice instead of expensive dyes or salon prices. I suggest putting a little juice wherever you want it lighter and then staying outside in the sun for a few hours. The sun is the key for making this work!
- Did you know toothpaste isn’t only for your teeth? You can actually use toothpaste to get rid of your pimples! Put a little dab of it on your acne, go to sleep, and wash it off with a warm washcloth in the morning. Make sure you use a paste and not a gel toothpaste.
- Every girl wants the perfect beach wave to her hair. I know from experience that it’s not the easiest thing to accomplish! If you curl your hair into super tight curls and sleep on it, you’ll wake up with loose, beachy curls! Set in your waves with some hairspray and you are set!
I hope these help solve your next beauty crisis!
27th JulyThe WORD.blessedchallengeGodjames 1:17lifeluckyLifestyleMy World
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/myworld/not-lucky-blessed/
Not Lucky, Blessed
My life can get crazy at times. Through my success with YouTube and social media, some may say I’ve been very lucky. I mean, I’m only 16! I realize that I am very lucky, but I prefer the word “blessed”. Check out these two definitions:
Lucky: producing a good result by chance
Blessed: enjoying happiness; very welcomed, pleasured, and appreciated through a connection with God
By being a believer, God has blessed my life tremendously! If it wasn’t for Him, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I do not think that my success has come from chance, but rather from the grace of God! Every day I thank Him for all the opportunities that I have been presented with and will continue to do so. Have you ever prayed to God about something that you really wanted/needed in your life and it came true? That wasn’t luck. It was a blessing from God! Remember that the next time a blessing comes your way. I challenge you to take the word “lucky” out of your vocabulary and switch it with the word “blessed”. God will be smiling over you!
God bless Insiders!
27th JulyThe WORD.ainxietyBiblebible versesGodprayingstressversesverses about stressTeen Talk
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/teentalk/7-verses-for-the-stressed-insider/
7 Verses for the Stressed Insider
Are you ever under so much stress that you feel like you just cannot take it? So you ever get anxious and get wrapped up in all of your worries? The one thing I do when I am under a ton of stress and feel the weight of the world on my shoulders is pray and read my Bible. Here are 7 verses to read when you are stressed.
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
Romans 8:18 “The pain that you’ve been feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming.”
3. Psalm 62:8 “Trust in Him at all times, pour your hearts out to Him, for God is our refuge.”
4. Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.”
5. Romans 8:28 “And we know all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.”
6. Psalm 118:6 “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?”
7. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.”
Praying makes me feel so much better when I am stressed, and I know it can do the same for you!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/teentalk/how-to-choose-joy/
How to Choose Joy
What does “choosing joy” mean? It means choosing to be happy and live life joyfully, even when times get tough. Choosing joy can change your life and totally change who you are. Here are 4 ways that YOU can choose joy.
- Choose to be around the right people. When you spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and like-minded, you are in relationships that help you, not hurt you. Surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. Choose friends who you are proud to be associated with, people you admire, who love and respect you. Spend time with people who make your day a little brighter simply by being in it, because life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
- Choose to smile more often. Smiling is a choice, so choose to make it! Don’t wait for people to smile, show them how! A real smile makes everyone around you feel good. When you smile, a message is sent to your brain saying that you are happy. When you are happy, your body cranks out all kinds of feel good endorphins. Bottom line? Smiling makes you happier and more joyful.
- Choose honesty. Be honest with yourself and everyone else. Be kind, do the right thing! Being honest is a less complicated way to live.
- Choose a good attitude. A lot of times, what really messes with our head is the picture of how we think life is supposed to be. Remember, life is a journey, not a destination. Think of every moment as a gift and an opportunity. Be positive, smile, and make your life count. A great attitude always leads to great experiences.
Choose joy, ladies. I promise you won’t regret it.
XOXO, Chels+1 notebe happybe joyfulchoose joyhappinesshappyhow to choose joyjoylifelife adviceTeen Talk
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/style/change-up-your-headband-game/
Change Up Your Headband Game!
Girls, we all know how important it is to accessorize ANY look. A more formal outfit requires a chunky necklace and a stylish pair of wedges. On the other hand, a casual outfit may need a pair of fun sandals and a set of bracelets. Recently, I’ve seen a lot of girls wear colorful and printed headbands. Since I started noticing this, I’ve found out some perfect places to shop for and how to even make your own headband!
I know I always say this, but Forever 21 is a hotspot for cute accessories, including headbands! They have Aztec ones, floral ones, and even lace ones. You can dress them up or dress them down. You can purchase some here! Another type you can get are twist headbands. They’re almost the same as regular ones, except they have a little twist in the middle. So cute!
Instead of spending the time and money to go buy some, you can spend a summer day making them yourself! All you need is a plain colored, preferably white, headband and some fabric markers. Try to find a Boho styled band like the one above. Then, color away! You can look up different prints to try out. When’s a better time to get crafty then summer?
Tweet me your headband creations! Good luck!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/diy-eyebrow-waxing/
DIY Eyebrow Waxing
Eyebrows can be tricky. Some girls are born with naturally gorgeous eyebrows that take no grooming or care. Others who aren’t so lucky have to constantly keep up with the shaping of their brows. Luckily, there is a homemade remedy to try right in your home!
Getting your eyebrows waxed at a hair or nail salon can often be expensive and risky. There’s a way to shape them at home just how you want them and without spending too much money. Take a trip to your local grocery store and buy honey, salt, and flour if you do not already have any at home. Then, take a small dish and mix your ingredients with water to make it runnier. When you wax your brows, you have to be extremely careful. Make sure you are very cautious as to where the wax is placed or may possibly drip. Then apply with a Q-tip or spoon. It is best to have your mom or friend do it for you while you are laying down to avoid the wax running into places you don’t want it. After that, place a small piece of a soft cloth onto the wax. Make sure you are very gentle when lightly pressing down! Then wait about 10 minutes and quickly rip off the cloth. Continue this method wherever you want the hair removed! The key is to take your time and be super careful.
Hopefully this helps next time you want to shape up your fierce eyebrows! Good luck!
25th JulyBB Creamconcealereye pencillip balmMakeupmakeup essentialsmascaranatural makeupsummer makeupsummer natural makeupBeauty
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/natural-summer-makeup/
Natural Summer Makeup
Summer time is for natural themed and minimal makeup. The less makeup you wear the better, because you are just going to sweat off what you are wearing anyway, and the less clogging your pores the better. Here are all of the products you will need to keep it natural this summer!
- BB Cream: BB creams are a lot more light weight than foundation so they won’t clog up your face or start to melt off when you sweat.
- Concealer- Just to quickly cover up those pesky pimples!
- Mascara- Lather up those lashes and use your natural beauty to your advantage!
- Eye pencil- Use light liner to give your eyes some dimension.
- Lip balm- All of the hot weather and sun will really dehydrate those lips if you aren’t too careful! Be sure to use a balm that has SPF to keep those lips protected!
Summer time is all about being free, fresh, and fun, so your makeup should be the same way too!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beautyschool/5-diys-for-zapping-zits/
5 DIYs for Zapping Zits
I think zits have a radar. They know exactly when you are about to have school pictures, or prom, or a big date, and they choose those moments to totally pop up. Grrrrr! And sometimes, you need a quick easy fix to those annoying blemishes. Here are 5 diy zit zappers to get your skin back on the straight and narrow!
- Dilute garlic juice with water and leave on a few minutes.
- Apply aloe vera to your face overnight.
- Use honey as a facial mask.
- Apply lemon juice to your face for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
- Dab tea tree oil onto the affected area and leave overnight.
Now zap those nasty little suckers! Tell them they can hit the road, and use these easy diy remedies to do just that!
XOXO, Chels+5 notesacneacne treatmentdiydiy acne treatmentzap zitszitszits remediesBeauty School
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/fashion/jumpsuits-rompers/
Jumpsuits & Rompers!
Fashion trends are the only things I know to come and go as fast as they do. As of right now, two of my favorite looks that are new for this season are rompers and jumpsuits! They are feminine and flirty! Both are perfect when you want to roll out of bed and not think about pairing or matching because they are all one piece. Rompers are fun to throw on to go shopping with a cute pair of sandals. They come in all colors with scalloped edges, fringed fronts, belted waists, etc. So if you are tired of your old sundresses, you can pop on a fashion-forward romper! They also make super cute swimsuit cover ups!
Jumpsuits are usually a little dressier and more mature than a romper. They come in many different styles. Some have fun halter tops with palazzo pants. You can flaunt solid, floral, or tribal prints. The options are endless. They are perfect for a tropical vacation or a memorable night out. You can dress them up with strappy heeled sandals and a gorgeous blazer, or dress them down with flat sandals and a denim jacket. It’s obvious that us girls like to sport the newest trends. Jumpsuits and rompers used to be “fashion don’ts” but now they are “fashion dos”! So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beautyschool/5-foods-that-make-your-hair-grow-faster/
5 Foods that Make your Hair Grow Faster
Do you dream of having long luscious locks, but are too impatient to wait for it to grow on its own? I feel your pain! What you may not know is that you can actually eat foods that help your hair grow faster! Here is a list of the top 5 foods that help your hair grow longer faster.
1. Salmon: Salmon is loaded with Vitamin D, which supports strong healthy hair! It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that keep your scalp healthy.
2. Yellow Peppers: Yellow bell peppers have nearly five and a half times more vitamin C than oranges, which is good news for your locks since vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the hair shaft and hair follicles. It also helps prevent damage, which allows your hair to grow long and healthy!
3. Eggs: Eggs are also a great source omega-3s, and they are also contain biotin. Many people take Biotin supplements to help grow their hair out.
4. Sunflower Seeds: With just a few seeds, you can supply your body with an abundance of vitamin E which enhances the blood flow to the scalp and promotes faster hair growth.
6. Sweet Potatoes: Who knew grandma’s famous sweet potatoes can help your hair to grow?! Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene, which not only promotes a healthy scalp but promotes hair growth.
Munch on some of these foods, and watch your locks grow!
XOXO, Chels+1 notehairhair growthhair tipshealthy hairlong hairmake your hair grow fasterBeauty School