25th JulyBB Creamconcealereye pencillip balmMakeupmakeup essentialsmascaranatural makeupsummer makeupsummer natural makeupBeauty
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/natural-summer-makeup/
Natural Summer Makeup
Summer time is for natural themed and minimal makeup. The less makeup you wear the better, because you are just going to sweat off what you are wearing anyway, and the less clogging your pores the better. Here are all of the products you will need to keep it natural this summer!
- BB Cream: BB creams are a lot more light weight than foundation so they won’t clog up your face or start to melt off when you sweat.
- Concealer- Just to quickly cover up those pesky pimples!
- Mascara- Lather up those lashes and use your natural beauty to your advantage!
- Eye pencil- Use light liner to give your eyes some dimension.
- Lip balm- All of the hot weather and sun will really dehydrate those lips if you aren’t too careful! Be sure to use a balm that has SPF to keep those lips protected!
Summer time is all about being free, fresh, and fun, so your makeup should be the same way too!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beautyschool/5-diys-for-zapping-zits/
5 DIYs for Zapping Zits
I think zits have a radar. They know exactly when you are about to have school pictures, or prom, or a big date, and they choose those moments to totally pop up. Grrrrr! And sometimes, you need a quick easy fix to those annoying blemishes. Here are 5 diy zit zappers to get your skin back on the straight and narrow!
- Dilute garlic juice with water and leave on a few minutes.
- Apply aloe vera to your face overnight.
- Use honey as a facial mask.
- Apply lemon juice to your face for 20 minutes and then rinse off.
- Dab tea tree oil onto the affected area and leave overnight.
Now zap those nasty little suckers! Tell them they can hit the road, and use these easy diy remedies to do just that!
XOXO, Chels+3 notesacneacne treatmentdiydiy acne treatmentzap zitszitszits remediesBeauty School
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/fashion/jumpsuits-rompers/
Jumpsuits & Rompers!
Fashion trends are the only things I know to come and go as fast as they do. As of right now, two of my favorite looks that are new for this season are rompers and jumpsuits! They are feminine and flirty! Both are perfect when you want to roll out of bed and not think about pairing or matching because they are all one piece. Rompers are fun to throw on to go shopping with a cute pair of sandals. They come in all colors with scalloped edges, fringed fronts, belted waists, etc. So if you are tired of your old sundresses, you can pop on a fashion-forward romper! They also make super cute swimsuit cover ups!
Jumpsuits are usually a little dressier and more mature than a romper. They come in many different styles. Some have fun halter tops with palazzo pants. You can flaunt solid, floral, or tribal prints. The options are endless. They are perfect for a tropical vacation or a memorable night out. You can dress them up with strappy heeled sandals and a gorgeous blazer, or dress them down with flat sandals and a denim jacket. It’s obvious that us girls like to sport the newest trends. Jumpsuits and rompers used to be “fashion don’ts” but now they are “fashion dos”! So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping!
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beautyschool/5-foods-that-make-your-hair-grow-faster/
5 Foods that Make your Hair Grow Faster
Do you dream of having long luscious locks, but are too impatient to wait for it to grow on its own? I feel your pain! What you may not know is that you can actually eat foods that help your hair grow faster! Here is a list of the top 5 foods that help your hair grow longer faster.
1. Salmon: Salmon is loaded with Vitamin D, which supports strong healthy hair! It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that keep your scalp healthy.
2. Yellow Peppers: Yellow bell peppers have nearly five and a half times more vitamin C than oranges, which is good news for your locks since vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the hair shaft and hair follicles. It also helps prevent damage, which allows your hair to grow long and healthy!
3. Eggs: Eggs are also a great source omega-3s, and they are also contain biotin. Many people take Biotin supplements to help grow their hair out.
4. Sunflower Seeds: With just a few seeds, you can supply your body with an abundance of vitamin E which enhances the blood flow to the scalp and promotes faster hair growth.
6. Sweet Potatoes: Who knew grandma’s famous sweet potatoes can help your hair to grow?! Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene, which not only promotes a healthy scalp but promotes hair growth.
Munch on some of these foods, and watch your locks grow!
XOXO, Chels+1 notehairhair growthhair tipshealthy hairlong hairmake your hair grow fasterBeauty School
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/natural-allergy-remedies/
Natural Allergy Remedies
Allergies are back at it and there is no way of stopping them. When they hit you, they hit you. You know when you wake up with a sore throat and a stuffy nose that you are going to need to stock up on some Advil and Benadryl! Here are a few remedies to help out with your scratchy throat and stuffed up nose.
- Take a glass of warm water and add about a teaspoon of salt to it. Stir it up and gurgle it in the back of your throat from about 10 seconds. Repeat as many times as you want! I suggest up to four or five times throughout the night.
- Did you know lemons and limes can actually play a part in healing your throat? We all know that warm tea can soothe an itchy throat, but adding a few drops of lime or lemon juice helps a ton also! (P.S. Don’t be shy on adding a teaspoon of honey to your cup of tea either. It works just as well!)
- For the dare devils out there, eat wasabi! Wasabi is a Japanese condiment that is extremely hot! How does it help? It completely cleans out your sinuses and puts your tear ducts into action. One of the only tolerable ways to ingest this is to add it to your favorite sushi. Good luck!
- Lastly, take a hot shower. The steam helps your stuffed up nose a tremendous amount. Since the drainage in your nose is often the cause of a scratchy throat, the steam will help both your nose and throat.
Fight back your allergies this season! I hope this gives you a few ideas on how to do just that.
23rd Julysiblingtagbest friendbrotherfamilysiblingssistertagLifestyle
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/siblingtag/
Oh brothers and sisters…can’t live with them, can’t live without them. They’re like a best friend you get to live with…and can’t get rid of. If you’ve watched my YouTube videos, then I’m sure I’ve introduced you to Kylie and Chandler. I can’t imagine my life without them! When life gets tough and stressful or I have a bad day, they’re always the ones to cheer me up and make me laugh. As much as we may fight or argue, I know that we’ll always make up and be there for each other.
Life can get busy and time may become scarce, but finding time to spend with your sibling(s) is very important! Friends come and go, but a sibling is a lifelong friend. They’ve known you longer than anyone! If you’re reading this and think that you and your brother(s) or sister(s) aren’t close, then I challenge you to change that! Go for an ice cream run or bring back old memories by watching a favorite movie or playing an old school board game. Little acts like this can quickly bring two people closer.
Love your family and enjoy your time with them, because soon enough everyone will be grown up. Make memories while you’re young with your siblings. You’ll never regret the times you spent with them.
Love you all!
The Sister Tag- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-6yYjW0Vo
Advice from Guys to Girls ft. MY BROTHER!- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGhDQyq2BJw
23rd Julyclothescutedry fit tankdry fit teeexercisefeel goodhair stylesworkoutworkout clothesFashionStyle
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/fashion/feel-good-when-you-workout/
Feel Good When You Workout
As the saying goes, “When you look good, you feel good”; and this is no exception to workout clothes! As crazy as it may sound, dressing in cute, comfy active wear can actually drive you to push harder in a workout (aka resulting in a good workout). Find out how you can easily spice up your workout outfit game in a few simple steps!
Next time you go for a run on a hot day, ditch the cotton t-shirt. These types of tees soak up the sweat, leaving you feeling heavier than normal. Also, if you’re wearing a dark tee, then the sun will be more attracted to it. Instead, throw on a dry fit tank or tee in a bright color to make you feel good and get rid of sweat faster.
Another way to feel good when you work out is to try something new with your hair. If you prefer to wear it in a ponytail, add a bright colored headband. If you don’t mind changing it up, try a side braid or braided ponytail. If you’re very active when it comes to working out and do so several times a week, then investing in good workout clothes is a must. Just like putting on a cute outfit for dinner makes you feel good, putting on a cute workout outfit will inspire you to work out more often and harder.
It’s time to spruce up your workout outfits and get active! Nothing’s better than a good workout.
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/beauty/the-benefits-of-good-makeup/
The Benefits of Good Makeup
Walking through a makeup store and seeing foundation for $30.00 isn’t appealing to most people. I mean, why buy that foundation when you can buy a different foundation for $8.00 somewhere else? The truth is that the price of the makeup doesn’t mean anything; it’s the formula you should be looking at. Inexpensive makeup doesn’t always mean you’re getting a lesser quality of makeup, you’re just getting more bang for your buck!
When shopping for makeup, the more expensive something is doesn’t always mean it’s better; although you usually get what you paid for. Most high-end makeup stores offer products that are safe for all skin types and are not made with foreign chemicals; but this doesn’t mean you can’t find these types of makeup at other department stores. Brands like L’Oreal, Neutrogena, and NYX offer good quality makeup for a fair price. Next time you buy makeup, check out the ingredients, not the price. If it is free of irritants (alcohol, menthol, oils), then you are most likely getting a good product. Never settle for makeup just because it is cheap!
Spending less doesn’t hurt your skin and spending more doesn’t always help it. What matters is that you are using good makeup. The benefits of good makeup will soon pay off for your skin.
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/food-2/make-your-own-chocolate-heaven/
Make Your Own Chocolate Heaven!
Chocolate bars, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake… what dessert isn’t good with chocolate? No matter what recipe I choose to make, I try to pick one that has plenty of chocolate in it… and I know I’m not the only one! That’s why I want to share a recipe called “Chocolate Heaven” with all of my lovely insiders :).
First, take a trip to the grocery store and purchase these several ingredients: 1 box of brownie mix, 2 small packages of chocolate pudding (4 cups), 1 12 oz. bucket of cool whip, 12 oz. of Heath bars, and 1 cup of chopped pecans (optional).
Second, make the brownies as instructed on the box and let them cool. Then break up the brownies into chunks and spread half of them out in the bottom of a large bowl. Next, pour out two of the pudding cups on top of the brownies. Take half of the bucket of cool whip and pour that over the pudding. Follow that with half of the heath and half of the cup of chopped pecans. Repeat this again so you have two layers of chocolate heaven!
Third, enjoy! Serve your delicious treat by simply scooping out however much you want. Make sure you get all the way down to the last layer, you wouldn’t want to miss out on any of the ingredients! Let me know how yours turns out!
21st JulyAMRAPcardiodifferent workoutsexercisefitnesshealthhealthystrengthwork outworkout ideasLifestyle
New Post has been published on http://www.chelseacrockett.com/wp/lifestyle/the-amrap-workout/
The “AMRAP” Workout
Do you know what “AMRAP” means? It means “as many rounds as possible”. This is a popular style of workout in crossfit, and I do this kind of workout a lot as well! It is quick, easy, and effective! You don’t need any equipment for this workout, so you can do it any time anywhere. Here is a 20 minute workout where you repeat the rounds as many times as you can in that time. Here are the exercises!
20 push ups
30 sit ups
50 second plank
It is so cool seeing how many rounds I can burn through in the short amount of time that I am given! It is so rewarding. If you have 20 minutes to spare, knock this workout out of the park!